PROVIDENT FUND INTEREST RATE 2015-16 FIXED AT 8.7%
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Government Decides to Fix Interest Rates at 8.7% for General Provident Fund(GPF) and other Similar Funds Including Special Deposit Scheme, 1975(SDS,1975) for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds for the Financial Year 2015-16.
It was decided by the Government to link the interest rates of State PFs (General Provident Fund and other similar funds) including Special Deposit Scheme, 1975 (SDS, 1975) for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds for the FY 2015-16 to Public Provident Fund (PPF) rates. In pursuance of that decision, the Government has decided to fix the rates 8.7% per annum applicable to the following:-
· The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
· The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
· The All India Service Provident Fund.
· The State Railway Provident Fund.
· The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
· The Indian Ordnance Provident Fund.
· The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
· The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
· The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
· The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
The rate of interest is applicable to the above funds w.e.f. 1st April, 2015 and until further orders